· Investigates, Prepares and updates a list of potential knowledge transfer/business development opportunities. Works with related TAQNIA personnel to develop and utilize criteria to evaluate and prioritize new business opportunities.
· Monitor and execute the planning, organization, control and management of industrial- development project from project feasibility, development and plan/equipment/operation management up to the point of spinning off into an independent entity.
· Develops business cases for technology-based opportunities, short lists the potential partners, leads the negotiations with the partners into JV agreements and co-manager financial closure of the opportunities.
Required Educational Level
· A bachelor degree in Engineering or Management is essential
· A Graduate Degree in Business Studies from a well-known business school with emphasis on Management Studies is distinct advantage
Required Experience and Knowledge
· 8 -10 years of professional experience including a minimum of 3 years in corporate-level business development. A minimum of 5 years of various experience in multi disciplines & industries such as technical, marketing and financial evaluation of industrial project, industrial manufacturing planning and operation, procurement and contracting, JV preparation and negotiation, licensing and IP commercialization, company valuation, industrial sales and marketing. In addition, to project management of new product lines and launching of key industrial or technology – dependent organization/companies.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of macroeconomics, local and foreign industry dynamics, key local and foreign public and private enterprises, financial markets, and project & corporate finance as well as knowledge transfer and management.
· Define and develop strategies and business opportunities based on the company’s strategic plan.
· Contribute to future strategy and seek new investment opportunities in line with strategic goals Participate in developing internal budget of TAQNIA industries.
· Promotes the brand of TAQNIA and Saudi Arabia as technology-driven investment and industrial partner.
· Participate in developing the objectives for TAQNIA Industries.
· Liaising with other SBUs to improve processes or asses opportunities.
· Establish and maintain communication with key local and foreign public and private industry players stakeholders.
· Filter-out business opportunities that do not fit the company’s vision and goals.
· Participate in articulating the TAQNIA Industries plan.
· Identifies and analyses preliminary business opportunity technical and commercial requirements, budget consideration, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, implementation schedule, and getting business user sign-off.
· Researches , structure and negotiates detailed term of a business opportunity.
· Serves as the focal point with regards to owned business opportunities and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders by demonstrating the ability to gain an understanding of their current business issue and exiting system limitations.
· Serves as internal consultant to senior management on exiting and potential business ventures, by keeping good connection and up-to-date with the industry figures and dynamics.
· Manage the transaction process, assessing the target organization and the impact of any foreseen deal.
· Establish and oversees new entities and strategic partnerships, joint ventures and alliances
· Deliver road show presentation.
· Filters and conduct preliminary analysis of business opportunities.
· Develops business cases for the selected business opportunities.
· Develops commercial tights and terms with potential partners.
· Manages and coordinates the detailed diligences for the selected opportunities including financial, marketing, technical, HR, legal aspects of each opportunity.
· Review the financial models and estimated budgets for every business opportunity.
· Recommends accepting or declining business
· Identifies needs and will allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks.
· Represent TAQNIA and negotiate deals with senior management of potential partner.
· Liaising with legal counsel or any external legal advisor in providing the necessary information for drafting and amending business agreements.
· Analyse, incorporate and present detailed corporate technical, marketing. Financial, and legal information to senior management.
· Initiate the establishment of appropriate policies and produces/processes to efficiently perform the SBUs activities efficiently and adherence of his team to the same.
· Lead and motivate team fostering a strong team spirit and instilling a sense of pride and accountability.
· Maintain the highest levels of ethics, integrity and confidentiality in business dealing.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The Saudi Technology Development and Investment Company (TAQNIA) was established in June 2011 by Royal Decree to localize technology in Saudi Arabia and commercialize outputs of R&D centers. TAQNIA invests in technology that contributes towards Saudi Arabia's economic diversification. TAQNIA is ...Read More