Main Role:To administer the BT Storage infrastructure including installation, maintenance, upgrades, security and health checks of the storage infrastructure, while coordinating with concerned internal BT teams to ensure the provision of best in class storage management services as per the defined service level agreements (SLAs) and quality standards
- Reviews storage design and monitor size and space availability, informing accordingly his/her supervisor, so as to facilitate that sufficient capacity exists to meet business requirements
- Administers the storage devices, monitors storage performance and storage hardware, performs storage optimisation, in order to increase efficiency and response time
- Reviews the specifications for proposed storage requirements and undertakes provisioning and implementation activities, in order to ensure best practices are followed prior to production roll-out.
- In liaison with the BT security team implements effective security measures, in order to safeguard storage integrity
- Grants access to shared storage in line with approved levels in order to restrict file share access to authorized end-users only(Cifs and NFS).
- Coordinates with project managers to facilitate successful execution of planned BT projects as per defined OLAs and SLAs
- Monitors storage on a daily basis and generate reports that track and detail activity levels
- Monitors and fine-tune the performance of storage infrastructure (including trouble shooting); assist in the daily, weekly and monthly health checks of the storage environment and ensure reliability/ availability of storage infrastructure.
- Executes and assists system administrators during scheduled and ad-hoc Disaster recovery exercises.