To administer the company's purchasing activities to deliver a cost effective, timely and valued added purchasing function.. The Buyer will also be expected to liaise with other company departments to provide support with storage, stock control, budgeting and sales analysis.
- Sources and selects suppliers and potential alternative suppliers.
- Sources competitive bids from qualified suppliers and negotiate with suppliers over cost.
- Manages and tracks bids throughout the process.
- Prepares and issues of purchase orders and enquiries to suppliers.
- Maintains accurate and complete procurement documentation records in support of quotations, bids and enquiries.
- Liaises with vendors on material, company specifications and certification requirements.
- Prepares update reports on activities as required by Management.
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry.
- This onshore role provides essential services to the company and industry as is responsible for buying the essential products, materials and parts necessary to support the onshore and offshore operations.
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Business Degree or equivalent.