Role Purpose:Ensure of achieving the flight revenue budget for the airline. Pricing and revenue strategy development and implementation that ensures revenue is optimized at all times. It is also achieved through effective leadership of a team of revenue management excellence and accurate and relevant reporting.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Nature and scope of influence a position has on its area of responsibility/ operation.
- Continually develop and implement effective pricing and inventory strategies that maximizes the total annual flight revenue
- Ensure the airline remains competitive, gains market share while continuing to optimize revenue
- Constantly asses, report and act on any potential revenue growth opportunity
- Provide high quality and accurate reporting to the key areas of the business, including the CEO
- Provide regular and accurate revenue forecasting that enables the business to react quickly and effectively to changing market conditions
- Ensure the airline’s pricing and inventory strategy is in line with the airline’s brand and operational constraints
- Lead and direct the technology strategy for pricing, revenue management and business reporting and ensure successful implementation of new technologies
- Contribute information and ideas closely with the Network Planning team to collectively ensure that the network is optimized for maximized profit
- Manage relationships with software providers to ensure the department’s technical requirements are met now and in the future
- Ensure all pricing and inventory practices comply with agreed policies and processes
- Develop and maintain accurate and scalable business and reporting technology to ensure the Commercial and Finance departments have accurate and up to date data at all times
- Develop strong and lasting working relationships with all airline departments to ensure the smooth operation of the business
- Performance manages subordinates. Ensure safe working practices are maintained
- Provides direction and leadership to a team of direct reports within area of responsibility
- Position’s responsibility for communications both within and outside the organization.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the department in line with the company’s culture guidelines
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Mentor employees effectively to create a center of excellence for revenue management and analytics
- Identify, develop and make ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products.
- Develops team with specific focus on knowledge transfer and training Saudis within the organization.
- Establish a training and development plan for all department employees. Ensure that the plan is regularly reviewed against timelines and goals.
- Train and develop other employees for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Establish team objectives and priorities
- In depth understanding of the airline industry and the competitor environment
- Has strong database system knowledge with SQL experience
- Solid knowledge of core airline revenue management, distribution and business intelligence systems.
- Has delivered notable revenue growth in previous roles
- Fluent in information technology and cutting edge commercial applications that lead the way not just in aviation but other market sectors
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, mathematics, economics or a relevant discipline.
- Experience in airline pricing and revenue management, preferably within the LCC environment for at least 5 years
Job related Skills
- Good presentation skills and ability and confidence to present to senior management level
- Good presentation skills and ability and confidence to present to CEO level
- Strong technology focus
- Strong management and leadership skills