KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the financial accounting team to deliver effective and efficient processes, developing and embedding controls that safeguard our assets and manage risk appropriately. Specifically,.
· Ensure regularly evaluate the operation of processes and controls and discuss with budget holders and/or senior management as necessary, making use of KPIs to monitor compliance.
· Lead on compliance with the Financial Procedures Manual, ensuring that all procedures and policies are business focused and communicated effectively.
· Maintain adequate system of internal control designed to protect the company’s assets and minimize expenses and ensure swift resolution of all differences.
· Review and approve monthly payroll journals including allocations & accruals and the preparation of month and year end accounts.
· Analyze and review internal systems and procedures and implement changes to provide greater efficiency in processing transactions and preparation of reports.
· Manage the relationship with our outsourced fulfilment provider from a financial perspective, ensuring that processes and controls are continuously reviewed against SLAs.
· To collaborate across Directorates to ensure new income generation initiatives incorporate sound financial controls and efficient processes whilst meeting business needs.
· Lead on the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit.
· Ensure compliance with local Zakat & Tax and audit requirements.
· Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, focusing on efficient ways of working for both current and new processes.
· Develop the accounting teams including general ledger, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
· Establish policies and procedures as necessary to enhance the day-to-day operation of the department.
· Advanced knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Advanced financial accounting knowledge.
· BSc in Finance / Business Administration with satisfactory academic performance. MBA desirable.
· Certified Public Accountant (ACCA, CPA, CMA)
· Must have worked as Director / Head of Finance Accounting for at least 5 years in an airline having fleet not less than 10 aircraft.
Job related Skills
· Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
· Achievement/Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
· Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
· Mathematical Ability: The ability to do simple and complex mathematical and statistical computations and calculations.
· Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
· Inter-Personal Relationship: The ability to deal and work with people and compromise diversity in views and opinions.
· Excellent analytical skills are essential
· Proficiency in using Microsoft office tools such as excel, word, power point presentation etc.
We are the newest Low Fares Airline in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We plan to start flying in 2017. Our mission is to offer our customers superior value through low fares, providing a fully mobile-connected travel experience from start to finish.