KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the financial accounting team to deliver effective and efficient processes, developing and embedding controls that safeguard our assets and manage risk appropriately. Specifically,.
· Ensure regularly evaluate the operation of processes and controls and discuss with budget holders and/or senior management as necessary, making use of KPIs to monitor compliance.
· Lead on compliance with the Financial Procedures Manual, ensuring that all procedures and policies are business focused and communicated effectively.
· Maintain adequate system of internal control designed to protect the company’s assets and minimize expenses and ensure swift resolution of all differences.
· Review and approve monthly payroll journals including allocations & accruals and the preparation of month and year end accounts.
· Analyze and review internal systems and procedures and implement changes to provide greater efficiency in processing transactions and preparation of reports.
· Manage the relationship with our outsourced fulfilment provider from a financial perspective, ensuring that processes and controls are continuously reviewed against SLAs.
· To collaborate across Directorates to ensure new income generation initiatives incorporate sound financial controls and efficient processes whilst meeting business needs.
· Lead on the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit.
· Ensure compliance with local Zakat & Tax and audit requirements.
· Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, focusing on efficient ways of working for both current and new processes.
· Develop the accounting teams including general ledger, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
· Establish policies and procedures as necessary to enhance the day-to-day operation of the department.
· Advanced knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Advanced financial accounting knowledge.
· BSc in Finance / Business Administration with satisfactory academic performance. MBA desirable.
· Certified Public Accountant (ACCA, CPA, CMA)
· Must have worked as Director / Head of Finance Accounting for at least 5 years in an airline having fleet not less than 10 aircraft.
Job related Skills
· Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
· Achievement/Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
· Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
· Mathematical Ability: The ability to do simple and complex mathematical and statistical computations and calculations.
· Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
· Inter-Personal Relationship: The ability to deal and work with people and compromise diversity in views and opinions.
· Excellent analytical skills are essential
· Proficiency in using Microsoft office tools such as excel, word, power point presentation etc.
We are the newest Low-Cost Airline in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We plan to start flying in 2017. Our mission is to offer our customers superior value through low fares, providing a fully mobile-connected travel experience from start to finish.