Under the general guidance and supervision of the Personnel Manager or delegate and within the limits of
established EHC Policies and Procedures, responsible to coordinate, support and advise the Business on
all aspects with regards to Health and Safety, to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes,
communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety
within the hotel are adhered to.
Day to Day Duties
Ensures a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
2. Ensures that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are
regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
3. Ensures the hotel meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and
welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
4. Ensures the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and
5. Ensures that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements
6. Ensures that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported,
safety inspections, risk assessments, and lone working procedures are managed and employees
are aware of their responsibilities.
7. Coordinates the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
8. Ensures full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
9. Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits, and checks.
10. Establish a structured program of health & safety training throughout the Hotel.
11. Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programs and health
and safety services.
12. Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health &
Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
13. Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and
communicate relevant changes to the business.
14. Provides regular reports to the Personal Manager, Team relevant on health and safety activities.
15. Participates in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
16. Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
17. Performs any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Communication & Working Relationships
1. Reports directly to the Personnel Manager or delegate.
2. Provides supervision to Passport Expeditors, Government Relations Officer and Clerical Staff
3. Interacts with other employees and department heads under the direction of the Regional
Personnel Director or delegate.
NEBOSH Diploma / NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
At least 5 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
Handling of investigations
Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
Elaf hotels management expertise and international standard of services and facilities, together with its unrivalled knowledge of market conditions throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East has made Elaf hotels company the first hotels company to be awarded the ISO 9001 in the Middle ...
Elaf hotels management expertise and international standard of services and facilities, together with its unrivalled knowledge of market conditions throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East has made Elaf hotels company the first hotels company to be awarded the ISO 9001 in the Middle ...Read More