- Answers all calls within three rings, using the guest surname at least three times throughout conversation.
- Inputs all guest, Engineering, Housekeeping, etc. requests promptly and accurately into the Front Office System.
- Monitors all calls that are on queue and answers appropriately.
- Coordinate and assigns by dispatching work orders to the appropriate department and staff and ensures the assigned work orders are completed in accepted standard time and priority.
- Notifies guests or internal staff of any delays in performing work orders in accepted standard time and calls back guests to ensure guest satisfaction within accepted time frame.
- Continually checks on the pending work orders that have not been completed.
- Handles guests' messages written and or voice mail and send faxes out regarding guest inquiries and requests.
- Logs all guest complaints into Fidelio and guest history for future reference, tracks trends in service deficiencies and reports them to senior management.
- Makes restaurant reservations by using restaurant reservation logbook.
- Makes restaurant reservations by knowing the complete rate structure and room categories for the hotel. Also knows lose it rate and up selling techniques.
- Has complete knowledge of occupancy, arrivals, departures and consults with the Front Office / Reservations Manager for late check out or early check-ins.
- Has the knowledge to check in and checkout guests from Fidelio through the telephone.
- Communicates vacant / dirty /clean / inspected rooms to Housekeeping and updates the Property Management System accordingly.
- Knows how to handle the Housekeeping requests and deliveries.
- Knows the basics about what guests might request regarding Engineering requirements.
- Handles guest calls for the pick – up and delivery of laundry, pressing, mending, and dry cleaning.
- Updates all white boards with current information about the hotel and its activities and has complete knowledge of all in –house groups and banquet events current and future.
- Is knowledgeable about the Cyber Assist Programme.
19. Is knowledgeable about basic Concierge requests and information.
20. Is knowledgeable about the software including but not limited to, Property Management System (Fidelio), electronic devices (paging systems), etc.
21. Knows restaurant operating hours and specials / promotions within the operation as well as catering space requirements and locations.
- Know how to handle guest’s complaints and reports / logs them for senior management.
- Completes the beginning and ending shift duties that include turnover shift report, outstanding jobs not completed in Fidelio and any other daily, weekly and monthly reports required by senior management.
To perform any other related duties or special projects as requested by management