** PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN JEDDAH OR READY TO COME TO JEDDAH FOR THE INTERVIEW **
We are looking for an outstanding Web Services and API Developer to be responsible for architecting, designing, coding and integrating server-side with web, mobile and desktop applications.
Web Services and API Developer Job Duties:
Web Services and API Developer responsibility is to develop server-side (backend) web services for web, mobile and desktop applications from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up also modify, integrate and upgrade existing web services and APIs and/or with another web service/s.
- Well Study, plan, architect and design web services and APIs.
- Write well structured, designed, testable, efficient code by using best web services and API practices.
- Developing flexible (for sudden requirement changes), integratable and maintainable web services and APIs.
- Integrate data from different web services and databases very efficiently and effectively.
- Integrate web service with another web services that might use different technologies.
- Doing all necessary input/output data checks and validations (like when changing status to another).
- Secure and encrypt important data and make sure it is accessed only by authorized users.
- Gather and refine web service specifications and requirements based on technical and conceptual needs.
- Create and maintain documentations for developed web services.
- Develop and deploy websites and web applications on Cloud services (like AWS, GCP) and/or dedicated servers.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing and new web services.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate and debate with team members to get to the best results for projects.
- BS in computer science or a related field.
- Open minded, flexible and easy-going personality.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web services technologies and techniques.
- Full flexibility in changing requirements.
- Attention to details while developing web services that contains valuable data and be precise on data flow.
- Proven working experience in web services and APIs.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern web services and API standards.
- Knowledge of RESTful web service design and standards.
- Knowledge of HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- Proficient with at least one of the following known programming languages for web services: Node.js, Python, Java and/or PHP.
- Practical experience in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Practical database design and structuring data.
- A solid understanding of how web services and API work including security, session management, and best development practices and how it is integrated with clients (web, mobile and desktop applications).
- Practical experience in authentication to secure user and connection.
- Practical experience in Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Digital Ocean is a plus.
- Practical experience in Firebase is a plus.
Why Confront Star?
As a Confront Star employee you will have the following benefits:
- Good and friendly work environment.
- Appreciation and acknowledgement of your efforts and thoughts.
- Supportive Management.
- Flexibility and understanding.
- Bounces and increases based on speed, achievements and work efforts.