ENGIE is global leading energy company that develops its businesses – Power, Natural Gas, Energy Services – around a model based on responsible growth to take on the challenges of the transition to a low-carbon economy: security of supply, the rational use of resources, access to sustainable energy and climate change. The Group provides governments, communities, cities and businesses with efficient and innovative solutions based on its expertise in four key sectors: independent power development, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and energy efficiency services. ENGIE employs 153,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of EUR 63 billion in 2016.
ENGIE’s Business Unit for the Middle-East, South & Central Asia and Turkey (MESCAT,) headquartered in Dubai, has activities in large-scale power generation and water desalination, gas retail & distribution, LNG and energy services for B2B customers. Leveraging on its strong positions, the BU is developing its presence in renewable energies, in the gas value chain and in energy efficiency services.
The Performance Engineer will report to the Operation Manager.
The Performance Engineer will be responsible for strategically managing company commercial agreements, contracts, overall plant efficiency and the energy conversion process. Key objectives of the role require a proactive approach to explore terminologies within commercial agreements for all opportunities to maximise profit and negotiate contracts. Close monitoring and improvement in power generation and potable water plant operational and maintenance practices. Manage power and water plant expansion modification projects.
The role requires a detailed understanding and practical experience of Independent Water and Power Plant agreement & contracts, power and water plant facility and gas turbine and desalination unit performance and capacity testing, strategic spare part purchasing, FIDIC, energy management, efficiency audits, power plant operations and maintenance. In addition to possession of technical expertise in all technologies associated with the operations of combined cycle gas turbine plant, desalination and potable water plant equipment.
Safety, Quality & Environment
Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls. Ensures operation of the plant within defined operating parameters to ensure the safety of staff, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Liaison, negotiate and manage the contracts and agreements with off-taker, gas supplier, sea water supplier and all other stakeholders.
- Responsible to ensure timely receipt of company income, maximise the revenue and the compliance of commercial contracts.
- Disputes resolutions. Prepare timely monthly commercial and performance reports.
- Responsible for preparing the strategic planning about the operational and maintenance requirements and to set the KPI, CKPI and revenue budget for the business.
- Responsible for verifying payments to fuel gas suppliers, sea water suppliers, etc. as per commercial contracts and agreements.
- Ensure the implementation of new techno-commercial initiatives and projects in the field of quality and energy conservation, outage planning/scheduling and operational excellence.
- Ensure the plant operates at an optimum level to maximise the income from fuel and seawater. Conduct tests and inspections to determine the efficiency of power plant/substation equipment and transmission/distribution power lines.
- Provide guidance to resolve complicated and critical technical operational and maintenance issues.
- Provide guidance to the team for the efficient utilisation and management of resources (manpower and other resources) for the safe, reliable and efficient plant operations.
- Safe and efficient delivery of high levels of commercial availability within environmental limits.
- Ensure that efficiency and availability targets are effectively communicated and achieved.
- Effective liaison with customer and system operator over plant operational issues.
- Deliver outcomes, in all areas of work, consistent with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Participate in internal/external Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental audits and monitor relevant findings.
- Deliver planned generation and availability targets within budget.
Monthly Revenue Invoices and Reporting
- Responsible for the quality and approvals of the monthly invoices under PWPA / SWPA, FSA, LTSA and O&M agreement. Also to check and verify the invoices raised by the gas and seawater supplier, LTSA contractors etc.
- To meet with the monthly regional reporting requirements.
- Member for “Electricity Grid code review Panel”. This panel is a permanent body organised by Ministry for Energy and Industries to review and finalise necessary amendments.
- Member of “Kahramaa Power and Water plants/systems Reliability Enhancement Committee”.
- Member for “Power System audit review committee” organised by Ministry for Energy and Industries.
- Represent company at various high-level initiatives taken by Government inclusive statistical and planning authority and various universities.
Policies & Procedures
- Compliance to commercial contracts/agreements, operational procedures and instructions to ensure work is carried out safely and in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Adhere, prepare and revise Standard Commercial, Operating Procedures based on accepted standards for efficient, safe, and reliable operation.
- Liaison with the regulatory and other governmental agencies
- Finalise and implement all agreements related to any pipeline and utility crossing, sublicense agreements, MOU’s, Access and Shared Facilities Agreements.
- People Development and Management :
- Set objectives in line with the departmental targets for self and subordinates, perform its periodical reviews and provide assistance to individuals in achieving the set targets.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare strategic planning about the plant operations and maintenance according to the OEM guidelines and best engineering practices.
- Prepare operational revenue budget and monitor for changes and revise the forecasts.
- Prepare, track and forecast revision of the operational CKPI’s and KPIs.
- Prepare the annual, short term and long term revenue and dispatch models with tracking and forecasting.
Special Projects and Assignments :
- Perform any special projects i.e. plant expansion, Renewable Power Solar initiative etc.
- Help other businesses in resolving technical issues.
- Provide helping hand to Business Development Team in the bidding process for new businesses.
- Technical competence within appropriate disciplines of Mechanical and Thermal Engineering.
- Understanding of modern gas turbine plant operating practices and parameters and thermodynamics.
- Maintain continual awareness of performance issue and areas of shortfall in performance.
- Ability to manage and facilitate plant testing and FDM / Performance monitoring.
- Provide accurate and timely guidance and advice on matters affecting plant process and performance by consultation with the production manager.
- Strong understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems, safety rules and associated legislation.
- Ability to initiate and implement change and improvement in services, products or systems.
- Defining and implementing operating policies and practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise with external organizations.
- Commercial awareness of PWPA, FSA, LTMC, CSCWSA and O&M.
- Budget management.
- Ability to manage appropriate software packages and computer literacy.
- Sound RGPC culture and values.
- Result oriented.
- Ready to take additional responsibilities for personal growth and for the benefit of business.
- Analytical thinking.
- Provide effective support to the operations team to maximize the contribution made to the plant objectives.
- Ability to create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- Ability to formulate and communicate strategic goals and direction.
- Ability to make quality decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to use energy and enthusiasm to generate results.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and work with multi-cultural and multidisciplinary staff.
- Motivation and leadership of the team and individual team members.
- Seek, organise and exchange information for decision making and problem-solving.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritising tasks and activities in line with business objectives.
- Quality and environmental awareness and managing according to quality standards and procedures.
- Innovation, vision, creativity, taking initiative, problem-solving and decision making.
- A pro-active approach to planning and decision making.
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- University Degree in Engineering.
- Post graduate qualification in Energy Management and Audit.
- 10 years’ experience in Commercial and Performance, plant operations and maintenance of CCGT plants.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- English language.
- Good commercial and financial skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of contracts.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Policy & Procedures.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Oral & Written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Time Management.
Job Level: Without management
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ﷼14,000.00 to ﷼22,000.00 /month