Job Position: Senior Finance Manager
Job Location: Abu Dhabi
The Senior Finance Manager will be a critical member of executive team and help shape the company strategy.
The position will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that the company is well-capitalized, has a healthy portfolio of assets and is compliant with all relevant legal & accounting laws in UAE and other African markets.
Some important duties that will be assigned to the person will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create the company capitalization and fund raising strategy such that it meets the growth projections of the company
- Create new and innovative financing structures that meet the needs of a global mix of investors.
- Lead the process of raising capital through equity, debt, quasi-equity and other structured products from international and domestic investors.
- Interact regularly with investors and ensure strong relationships with existing & future investors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure products are priced to meet customer needs and achieve profitability targets.
Portfolio and Credit Risk management:
- Design, implement and refine COMPANY's Credit Model so as to ensure a healthy portfolio.
- Set appropriate portfolio quality metrics and ensure that the balance sheet has the appropriate provisions.
- Set the direction for the Portfolio & Credit management team and manage a high-caliber team to deliver the required portfolio quality.
Accounting, Compliance and Legal:
- Recruit, manage and lead a team that will ensure the COMPANY is compliant with accounting, statutory and legal regulations.
- Design and implement robust accounting control processes to protect the COMPANY's assets, while also ensuring that the processes efficiently serve other parts of the COMPANY.
- At least 5+ years’ working experience for companies operating in the financial services or asset leasing sectors in emerging markets.
- Experience raising capital in the financial services or infrastructure sectors through innovative methods such as structured-finance or project finance approaches.
- At least 5+ years of senior leadership experience with managing a large credit portfolio.
- Vast experience in financial modelling and unit pricing.
- At least 5+ years of experience in leading the finance and accounting function of a fast growing company.
- Demonstrated excellence in hiring, managing and leading world-class teams.
- High levels of integrity.
- Experience in fast moving entrepreneurial organizations will be highly valued.