Manage assigned Internal Audit Department (IAD) audits, tasks, and activities in line with IAD strategy, plan, policies and procedures. Assess and analyses the processes and controls using risk-based approach. Effectively and efficiently apply available audit tools and methodologies for planning and reviewing business processes and controls and to follow up implementation of recommendations. Identify control weaknesses and exposures in the systems/processes and recommend enhancements opportunities/corrective actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of controls in order to safeguard AMEX assets. Conduct audits in line with Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards, relevant laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the annual risk assessment and development of an audit plan including any concerns identified by Board and management, and submit the draft plan to the Director IAD for review & clearance
- Execute the approved annual audit plan including any approved special tasks or projects.
- Develop audit program for assigned audits and reviews, conduct audits as per audit plan/program.
- Review business processes, associated risks, assess existing controls and prepare a business process risk and control matrix identifying any deficiencies.
- Review data obtained for evidence for deficiencies in controls, inefficiencies, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, policies and procedures and highlight relevant issues.
- Develop audit tests in line with the IAD policies and procedures.
- Prepare working papers to ensure that findings reported are adequately supported by evidence, which is verified-Prepare and review reports of findings and recommendations for audits, and discuss and agree on draft findings with the auditee along with the action steps and timelines
- Ensure follow-up action is taken where remedial plans have been recommended to a particular department and that the required changes have been implemented and function accordingly for all departments assigned.
- Support with the development of periodic reports to the Audit Committee and management and summarizing results of audit activities.
- Liaise with IAD and external auditors for completion of regulatory audits in a seamless manner and following up on their reports for timely compliance.
- Help in the development and/or review of IAD and AMEX policies, procedures, systems and processes.
- Manage the time and expenses as budgeted providing periodic reports, as required.
- Manage any staff or consultants effectively in line with agreed KPIs and or contractual obligations.
- Manage, maintain and keep audit working papers and other IAD databases accurate and up to date