1. Purpose of Job
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring a consistent quality of production and product to customer requirements and expectations by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice systems; validating processes; ensuring that all of the refinery staff are suitably trained. He/she will be defining, developing and deploying a product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of manufacture and should therefore be very conversant with Statistical Process Control [SPC] and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points [HACCP].The QA Manager will also have to work closely with the Marketing/Sales department(s) whenever there is a need to do so, whether it be because of industrial customer requirements or because of a complaint.
2. Objectives and Tasks
Ensure that the refinery operates in a safe manner in the best interests of all stakeholders :
• Helps establish and then enforce safe working practices for all persons on site, working with the company’s Health and Safety Manager to do so;
• Ensures that suitable personal protection equipment and all other necessary safety equipment is available at all times for own use and any visiting persons;
Establish the refinery’s quality assurance scheme :
• Develops a Food Safety Management System [FSMS] for the company;
• Ensures that the FSMS is adhered to by all relevant departments of the company and that appropriate records are kept;
• Liaises with third party auditors for follow-up of site visits and certification processes;
• Designs and implements training courses on food safety for the different levels of staff;
• Constantly reviews existing policies and suggests plans to enhance the quality system;
• Ensures that the procedures of the organisation conform to local authority requirements;
• Analyses statistical data and reviews the effectiveness of any changes that have been made;
• Keeps abreast of any new regulations concerning food safety and communicates the same to management team;
Prepare and issue the product quality certification :
• Liaises with the Laboratory Manager and Marketing Department for issuing certificate of analysis and certificate of conformity to different customers as and when required.;
• Follows up with third party laboratories on samples sent for analysis and communicates the results to customers as and when requested;
• Liaises with the Risk Manager in order to have specific analysis on raw sugar supplied to the plant; Assist with the company’s marketing and sales efforts :
• Follows up with customers for requirement specifications, analysing the requirements and communicating to the Sales and Marketing Department. Identifies ways in which these can be met;
• Provides back-up service to the marketing department concerning any complaints from customers, if any;
• Visits customers whenever requested by Marketing Manager in case of any major complaint from a client;
3. Inter Office Relations
Direct communication with CEO, Refinery Manager and his/her team, Marketing/Sales department(s) and Health and Safety Manager. Occasional meetings with Human Resources department.
4. Key Competences
A university degree in applied chemistry or sugar technology or food technology;
Experience:At least 5 years’ experience in sugar refining; previous experience in a similar position is essential;
Training :Formal training in Quality Assurance is essential; training in SPC is required, as is an in-depth knowledge of HACCP in a food environment; formal training in plant auditing is highly recommended;
Skills : a good command of written and spoken English is essential; the full range of skills implied by the qualification and experience and the need to be part of the marketing effort are also.
Al Reef Sugar Refinery Co. (JSC) RESRECO, the largest sugar refinery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that will be set up in the port of Jizan. RESRECO will have the capacity to produce 1,000,000 tons per annum. Vision: Establish and Manage a World Class Sugar Refinery Business that Out ...
Al Reef Sugar Refinery Co. (JSC) RESRECO, the largest sugar refinery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that will be set up in the port of Jizan. RESRECO will have the capacity to produce 1,000,000 tons per annum.
Establish and Manage a World Class Sugar Refinery Business that Out ...Read More