Purchasing Officer is responsible for timely procurement of goods and services.
ensuring cost effectiveness commensurate with quality and assigning and monitoring the subordinate’s activities.
The incumbent and maintain the high level of communication and liaison with Supplier community.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Handling and coordinate the following specific processes:
- Receiving Purchase Requisitions (PR’s)
- Creating Request for Quotations (RFQ’s)
- Maintaining Vendor Quotations
- Maintaining Vendor Lists and Prices
- Negotiation Vendor Quotations
- Creating Purchase Orders (PO’s)
- Ensure that the price list of items from vendors is regularly updated in the system to maintain accuracy as per the PR’s and the PO’s.
- Prepare technical specifications for request for proposals, including terms and conditions and evaluation criteria
- Prepares and develops bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on commodities and services.
- Solicits information regarding a variety of commodities by telephone, facsimile,
- Interview or written requests ensuring cost effectiveness commensurate with quality.
- Obtain tenders, quotes and purchase award documentation with respect to quality, suitability, delivery and pricing.
- Responsible for awarding a contract with consensus from the respective department.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the awarded contract.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all solicitations,
- Responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
- Expedites outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- Promotes and develops contact and liaison with the external supplier community and SRFC departments.
- Interviews current suppliers to improve levels of service and new suppliers to develop and establish new sources of supply.
- Collects and reports statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- Prepares reports to ensure compliance with related laws and regulations...
- Coordinates and resolves problems with end user departments and suppliers.
- Assist in resolving Accounts Payable invoice discrepancies and variances after Accounts payable make initial inquiry.
- Assists Shipping and Receiving with shipment /transportation related discrepancies and Variances.
- Performs other related duties such as special assignments and annual major objectives
- Computer Skills: MS Office. (Word, Excel), ERP (MS Dynamics AX)
- Language know Read and Write: English
- Language Speak: English and Arabic